Choices are hard.
Pizza or tacos.
Beach or mountains.
Picking out a movie that everyone wants to watch.
School Choice Made Easy
As a tuition-free public 9-12 grade high school, NMSS champions school choice and the freedom to provide an education that serves our students.
When you choose our Gardena, California school, you are choosing individualized attention, caring teachers, and a high-quality academic environment. You can feel confident that you are setting yourself up for success.
Learning at our engaged school is both student-centered and customized. We value each student’s individual learning styles, interests, and personalities. We’re here to meet you where you are, giving you guidance for college applications, a new club you want to create, or a little extra equation exploration if that’s what you need.
Our small, close-knit school is just the right size to nurture relationships and ensure that needs are met and strengths are cultivated. Free of charge and for grades 9-12, we offer:
– Standards based education including California’s A-G requirements
– Week-long orientation for freshman and new students
– Gardena High CIF sports like football, basketball, tennis, & track
– Advisor for every student
– Community Service projects like donating blood, and organizing school events
– College Credit for every student- you choose the class
– College & financial aid application support
– Teaching good study habits and time management strategies
– College and career tours in our community
– Leadership opportunities in our Associated Student Body (ASB)
– Extracurriculars like our Cooking, Music, and Finer Things Club
– College Fair where colleges come to us to look for you
– Personalized education with academic support from specialists and paraprofessionals
– Fun competitions (lip sync battle anyone?!)
– Attention & dedication to different learning styles
– Engagement from inspired teachers who believe in their students
Relationships are Key
At NMSS, our greatest assets are our staff and students. No matter the challenges you are facing, our engaged community ensures that there will always be someone in your corner, cheering you on, and reminding you how truly amazing you are.
A safe and secure environment is our top priority. Our 9-12 grade high school’s inclusive community welcomes our students as a part of our family. We cultivate a bond together and our teachers aim to help build confidence in all our students’ skills and abilities.
We also build community through fun activities and events. We have meaningful ways for families to be involved, too. We love sharing our school!
Join our NMSS family for strong academics and great support for you now and for your future. Enroll today!
The New Millennium Secondary School (NMSS) is a charter high school in Gardena, CA committed to preparing students to become life-long learners and dynamic leaders in the competitive 21st century. NMSS was created to address the rising global competitive environment for talent. Our students enjoy a small school education with big school sports and accredited community college classes. Enroll today.
But choosing a high school doesn’t have to be difficult.
At New Millennium Secondary School (NMSS) in Gardena, California, we have it all: strong academics, college credit, big CIF sports, supportive teachers and staff, and lots of time for fun breaks.
Best of all, we’re free!